1. What, in your opinion, is important for the Portuguese when choosing an insurance provider and their services?
The level of confidence into a consulting call is going to determine the level of success the people achieve during and after (for life) the sales call. In fact, the level of people confidence in my job, will determine the peace of mind for them. When I meet a person, I listen deeply to their needs to do a needs survey, which is adjusted to the reality of these people and their family, because an accident or a death in the family is not only emotionally devastating, but it can also take a tremendous toll on the future financial security of a family.
2. What, in your opinion, is important for Expats and other foreigners when choosing an insurance provider and their services?
When Expats and other foreigner choose me for consulting, they´ll have the opportunity to work with a reliable and integrated professional looking for long term business relationships. Those who buy my life insurance plans ensure their loved ones are taken care of financially. My insurance plans are a promise by MetLife to pay those who depend on the a sum of money upon her accident or death.
3. Would you say insurance is of a sizable purchase for the Portuguese, as well as the expats, digital nomads, or entrepreneurs from overseas? Compared to income? Ex. 10 % of total expenditures.
MetLife benefits could make a difference in real people´s live, because the unexpected can be just around the corner. If the family budget allows, it should be rule to invest in an adequate protection family plan, adjusted to the family budget.
4. Would you say you are an on par or considerably more expensive/less expensive provider than others in the industry?
I always do a diagnosis of needs, to meet the real needs of the families. For me, Life insurance is a very important aspect of a family’s safety. In fact, in the event of unfortunate loss of life, it would help make up for your lost income, fund your child’s education, payoff your debt and more. Wealth Protect provides you with a generous life insurance benefit that guarantees your family’s ability to maintain their lifestyle if you are no longer here to provide for them.
5. How do you see the insurance industry changing over the next 5 years?
A key element will likely be agility, determined by an insurer’s ability to take advantage of new technology and data sets, design services and solutions rather than products, transforming its operating platforms through collaborative initiatives and ecosystems, and do so in a pragmatic and material way.
6. Do you have a community outreach program here?
Yes. MetLife Foundation Portugal is committed to providing access to the arts via community-level programming that engages individuals of all ages, backgrounds and cultures. For us, the arts make communities better places to live by bringing people together to learn and share.
We at TLAG thank Finacial Advisor Luís Lopes for providing some more insight into the commitment and personality of Met Life Insurance.